Eggplant With Egg Curry / Brinjal Egg Curry

Have you ever tasted boiled egg along with eggplant? If not, try out this recipe as I am sure you are going to like it. I happened to try th...

Have you ever tasted boiled egg along with eggplant? If not, try out this recipe as I am sure you are going to like it. I happened to try this combination few days back and loved it. Its simple with minimal spices hence good for all. Do try and let me know your comments.


Ingredients:

Onions - 1(Finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 3(Cut vertically into two halves)
Eggplant/Brinjal - 6(Finely chopped as shown in the pictures)
Tomatoes - 2(Finely chopped)
Eggs - 3
Salt - As per taste
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tablespoons
Turmeric Powder - Half tablespoon
Oil - 2 tablespoons

Preparation:

Boil the eggs with water and add a pinch of salt to it. Peel off the outer layer and keep the boiled eggs aside.
Take a pan to heat and add oil to heat. Add onions and green chillies to it and fry for 5 mins.


Add the cut brinjal pieces along with turmeric powder and salt. Mix it and cook for 10 mins by covering with a lid.


Add the tomatoes and cook for another 10 mins by covering with a lid.


Once you feel the tomatoes and brinjal are cooked, add red chilli powder and mix.


Take the boiled eggs and make cuts on them using a knife. Add these eggs to the curry and mix well. These cuts are made so that the curry flavour gets into the eggs. Cook for 2 mins and remove the pan from heat. Serve hot.


Serving Options:

Serve the brinjal egg curry with steamed rice and get the flavour of the curry.

Related

tomato 2601923703899745242

Post a Comment

  1. Yummy curry, super curry for rice and rotis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so innovative. Egg curry with brinjals sounds fantastic and full of flavours. Sounds and looks yummy!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...eggplant n egg..yummy and different combo. Must be really tasty.
    I think it must be great with briyani:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can assure its perfect with rice...I am yet to try with biryani :)

      Delete
  4. Never seen this combo..
    very innovative recipe..people who dislike brinjal also may relish because of the egg flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u shobha...try out n let me knw how u found it

      Delete
  5. Looks nice. It is like having a two-in-one curry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and yummy recipes...Happy to follow u..do visit my space in your free time..

    Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for dropping by my space. Following u now :)

      Delete
  7. Wow!! Looks delicious Lavanya :) Love the combo egg with brinjals..
    http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that textured has me filled with wonderful possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice idea, looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy! first time to ur space.. great recipes with step by step photos..following you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following u too dear. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  11. Interesting combo,haven't tried adding egg to egg plant curry,yummy!!
    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie...try it n let me know how u liked it

      Delete
  12. Nice dish. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New combo to me..interesting! You got a nice log, glad to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This recipe looks utterly delicious!!! I am so happy I found your site!! I found it via Linkreferral and subscribed and followed you!!

    Check out my site when you have a chance!!

    http://www.whatjeanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting n following me. Keep visiting :)

      Delete
  15. Hello Lavanya, First time to your space and it is so much fun! i've never tried eggplant with egg in a curry, and it looks very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely recipe

    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks yummy. I might as well try cooking this dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah...do try n dont forget to tell me how it came out :)

      Delete
  18. In Pic 1 you have included patta leaves.. but in the ingredient list its missing. Do we need to add, if so, when?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Surya. You can add it for flavour or ignore it. I added it along with onions and since it was not a necessary ingredient and personal choice, I didn't mention about it.
      Thanks for paying such good attention. Keep visiting and check out more posts!

      Delete

We would love to hear to your views. Feel free to drop your comments.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE BACKLINKS. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH SUCH COMMENTS!

emo-but-icon

Everywhere
item